Call for Workshop and Tutorial Proposals
* Submission deadline: February 15, 2020 *
* Notification: March 1, 2020 *
This year, ICBO workshops and tutorials will be arranged jointly with the co-located conferences EKAW and FOIS.
The Joint Workshop Committees of BOSK 2020 invite proposals for workshops and tutorials for EKAW, ICBO and FOIS as part of the Bolzano Summer of Knowledge, held during the week of September 14-20, 2020.
Workshops and tutorials at JOWO 2020 are events whose scientific program is independently established by the workshop organizers. They will be responsible for advertising the workshop and reviewing and selecting the contributions. Workshops can be events that provide a forum for the discussion of topics broadly related to ontologies, formal ontology, and knowledge management and their application in information science or other areas. Together, the JOWO workshops can address a wide spectrum of topics related to ontology research, ranging from Cognitive Science to Knowledge Representation, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Logic, Philosophy, and Linguistics. JOWO is especially suitable for interdisciplinary and innovative formats.
Previous JOWO editions were held as independent events in 2019 in Graz (Austria), in 2017 in Bolzano (Italy), and in conjunction with FOIS 2018 in Cape Town (South Africa), with FOIS 2016 in Annecy (France), and at IJCAI 2015 in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
As in earlier years, all contributions to JOWO workshops will be published open access in a joint CEUR proceedings volume, as part of the new IAOA series (http://ceur-ws.org/iaoa.html).
We welcome proposals from researchers and practitioners interested in the theory, practice, development and/or application of ontologies and related areas are invited to submit workshop proposals for review.
We encourage several forms and length of workshops (the list is non-exhaustive):
– workshops that focus on an established research area, including continuations of workshops that were held in the past;
– workshops that focus on emerging topics and applications, or on open research questions and challenges;
– workshops that aim to create cross-disciplinary research fostering exchange of ideas between groups otherwise mostly disconnected.
Proposals for workshops and tutorials should be no more than 2 pages in length, and must contain the following information:
– title of the workshop/tutorial;
– select one primary conference affiliation: EKAW, FOIS, or ICBO (for reviewing and scheduling purposes; a brief description of each conference can be found below);
– names of the workshop/tutorial organizers;
– brief description of experience in workshop/tutorial organization;
– description of the workshop/tutorial topic;
– brief description of the expected audience (please give an estimate of the expected number of participants and their background and interests, if applicable please relate this to participation in similar prior events);
– intended duration of the workshop (between half a day and a full day);
– timeline for the workshop (submission dates, notification dates), taking into account the proposed “important dates” below.
Workshop proposals should be sent to email@example.com by February 15, 2020.
Submissions of workshop proposals will be evaluated by the workshop chairs of JOWO 2020 using the following criteria:
– Scientific relevance and utility to attendees;
– Quality of the proposal;
– Likelihood of success of the workshop;
– Overlap and complementarity with other workshops.
– February 15, 2020 – Workshop proposal submission deadline
– March 1, 2020 – Workshop acceptance notification
– March 16, 2020 – 1st call for papers to be distributed by workshop organizers
– September 14-20, 2020 – Workshops in Bolzano in conjunction with EKAW, FOIS and ICBO
In case of further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org